Beginner Carbine Training
Ironclad Beginner Carbine Training
In this course we will focus on carbine (AR-15) safety and proper shooting fundamentals. We cover beginner aspects such as stance, proper shoulder placement, cheek weld, grip, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control, zeroing, recoil control, loading and unloading, malfunctions, shooting positions and numerous other skills needed to begin shooting carbines confidently. A sling is optional for this class but recommended. Those considering joining the military, police force, or looking into competitions will benefit from this class. It will give you a head start on understanding the weapon system used by millions of soldiers, law enforcement officers and competitors nationwide. This course also aids students who are thinking of buying their first carbine, allowing you to go buy with confidence.
**IRON SIGHTS / BACK UP SIGHTS are mandatory for zeroing, but red dot style optics are welcomed for the remainder of class.
Upon successful completion of this training course you will receive an official IRONCLAD certificate.
7 – 8 hours
18 & Over
*13 – 17 (MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the entire class and may use either their parents carbine or rent one from us.)
*Age Waiver Form Required
Student owned carbine & ammunition – $175
IRONCLAD loaned carbine & ammunition – $275
*$50 NON-REFUNDABLE upfront payment to reserve seat in class.
Cash, PayPal, Credit Cards, Money Orders Accepted.
Range Fee is included.
*Full payment due on or before day of scheduled class.
Student Course Checklist:
- Pen / Notebook
– Semi-Auto Carbine (AR-15 style)
– At least 2 magazines with 20+ round capacity are needed
– Sling optional, but recommended
– 200 rounds of ammunition
– Cleaning kit with lubricant (IF USING PERSONAL FIREARM)
– Eye Protection (Available for purchase from Ironclad)
– Ear Protection (Available for purchase from Ironclad)
– Dress: You’re responsible for your own comfort and protection from the elements on the range. Long pants and close toed shoes are mandatory. (Classes are held rain or shine)
– Pack lunch & drinks (Quick lunch given)
– Recommended extras: sunscreen, water, rain gear, etc…
Please download, print and fill out the forms below and bring them with you to class. These forms must be filled out and given to us or we cannot permit you to take the class.
Have Questions?? Please feel free to CONTACT US anytime!
CLASS CHECKLIST REMINDER
We put together a helpful checklist of "Things to bring" to class.