Beginner Pistol Training
Ironclad Beginner Pistol Training
In this course we focus on pistol safety and proper shooting fundamentals. We cover beginner aspects such as stance, proper grip, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control, recoil control, loading and unloading, malfunctions, shooting positions and numerous other skills needed to begin shooting handguns confidently. This is a fast paced class where you are saturated with the basics of pistol shooting and safety. This course also aids students who are thinking of buying their first handgun. After learning the proper fundamentals and mechanics of a pistol, you will be better prepared when you enter gun stores. Don’t let the salesman talk you into a pistol that doesn’t work for you. Instead, go shopping with confidence knowing exactly what you want, need and how to use it.
**NO HOLSTERS WILL BE USED IN THIS COURSE!
Upon successful completion of this training course you will receive an official IRONCLAD certificate.
6 – 7 hours
21 & Over
*18 – 20 (MUST use the IRONCLAD provided pistols & ammunition and may not bring their own handguns to class!!!)
*13 – 17 (MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the entire class and may use either their parents pistol or rent one from us.)
*Age Waiver Form Required
Student owned pistol & ammunition – $175
IRONCLAD loaned pistol & ammunition – $275
*$50 NON-REFUNDABLE upfront payment to reserve seat in class.
Cash, PayPal, Credit Cards, Money Orders Accepted.
Range Fee is included.
*Full payment due on or before day of scheduled class.
Student Course Checklist:
- Pen / Notebook
– Semi-Auto Pistol or Revolver (No Magnum Calibers – i.e. 357 MAG / 44 MAG)
– At least 2 magazines with 10+ round capacity if using semi-automatic pistol
– At least 1 speed loader if using a revolver
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- Cleaning kit with lubricant (IF USING PERSONAL FIREARM)
- Eye Protection (Available for purchase from Ironclad)
- Ear Protection (Available for purchase from Ironclad)
- Dress: You’re responsible for your own comfort and protection from the elements on the range. Long pants and close toed shoes are mandatory. (Classes are held rain or shine)
- Pack lunch & drinks (Quick lunch given)
– Recommended extras: sunscreen, water, rain gear, etc…
Please download, print and fill out the forms below and bring them with you to class. These forms must be filled out and given to us or we cannot permit you to take the class.
Have Questions?? Please feel free to CONTACT US anytime!
CLASS CHECKLIST REMINDER
We put together a helpful checklist of "Things to bring" to class.