Beginner Shotgun Training
Ironclad Beginner Shotgun Training
In this course we focus on shotgun safety and proper shooting fundamentals. We cover beginner aspects such as stance, proper grip, cheek weld, buttstock placement, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control, recoil control, loading and unloading, malfunctions, shooting positions and numerous other skills needed to begin shooting shotguns confidently. This is a fast paced class where you are saturated with the basics of shotgun shooting and safety. Whether a pump action or semi-automatic shotgun is used, these principles will apply. This course also aids students who are thinking of buying a shotgun for sport or home defense. After learning the proper fundamentals and mechanics of a shotgun, you will be better prepared when you enter gun stores. Don’t let the salesman talk you into a shotgun that doesn’t work for you. Instead, go shopping with confidence knowing exactly what you want, need and how to use it.
Upon successful completion of this training course you will receive an official IRONCLAD certificate.
6 – 7 hours
18 & Over
*13 – 17 (MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the entire class and may use either their parents shotgun or rent one from us.)
*Age Waiver Form Required
Student owned shotgun & ammunition – $175
IRONCLAD loaned shotgun & ammunition – $275
*$50 NON-REFUNDABLE upfront payment to reserve seat in class.
Cash, PayPal, Credit Cards, Money Orders Accepted.
Range Fee is included.
*Full payment due on or before day of scheduled class.
Student Course Checklist:
- Pen / Notebook
– Shotgun (Semi-Auto or Pump Action preferred)
– Shotgun sling optional
– 100 rounds of mixed ammunition (50 rounds of Bird Shot #7,#8, or #9 / 30 Buck Shot / 20 Slugs)
– Cleaning kit with lubricant (IF USING PERSONAL FIREARM)
- Eye Protection (Available for purchase from Ironclad)
- Ear Protection (Available for purchase from Ironclad)
- Dress: You’re responsible for your own comfort and protection from the elements on the range. Long pants and close toed shoes are mandatory. (Classes are held rain or shine)
- Pack lunch & drinks (Quick lunch given)
– Recommended extras: sunscreen, water, rain gear, etc…
Please download, print and fill out the forms below and bring them with you to class. These forms must be filled out and given to us or we cannot permit you to take the class.
Have Questions?? Please feel free to CONTACT US anytime!
CLASS CHECKLIST REMINDER
We put together a helpful checklist of "Things to bring" to class.