Progressive Pistol Training
Ironclad Progressive Pistol Training
**YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED A BASIC PISTOL CLASS BEFORE YOU CAN TAKE THIS COURSE. WE WILL REQUIRE PROOF OF SUCH TRAINING! Please note, we do NOT cover any of the basic fundamentals in this class, you should already know them and understand them. If not, please consider our Ironclad Beginner Pistol class to get the building blocks needed to advance to this level of training.
We accept IRONCLAD Beginner Pistol and NRA Basic Pistol certifications. If you have proof of a beginner pistol class from another instructor or school, have Military or Law Enforcement experience, or can show proof of general shooting experience, please contact us so we can get you registered. Thank you.
In this Progressive Training course we focus on advancing the basic handgun skills and fundamentals learned from beginner pistol. We begin working on tasks such as; unassisted immediate and remedial action drills for malfunctions, holstering and unholstering, reloading drills (tactical reload vs. speed reload), one handed shooting, support hand shooting, shooting with time limits, precision accuracy vs. realistic accuracy, shooting positions, shooting behind cover, room clearing, shooting while moving, etc…
This intermediate level course has very little classroom requirement and will be spent mostly on the range. 500 rounds of ammunition will be shot in this course.
*The only holster types NOT allowed for use in this course are the shoulder rig style holsters.
Upon successful completion of this training course you will receive an official IRONCLAD certificate.
21 & Over
*18 – 20 (MUST use the IRONCLAD provided pistols & ammunition and may not bring their own handguns to class!!!)
*13 – 17 (MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the entire class and may use either their parents pistol or rent one from us.)
*Age Waiver Form Required
Student owned pistol & ammunition & holster – $275
IRONCLAD loaned pistol & ammunition & holster – $375
*$50 NON-REFUNDABLE upfront payment to reserve seat in class.
Cash, PayPal, Credit Cards, Money Orders Accepted.
Range Fee is included.
*Full payment due on or before day of scheduled class.
Student Course Checklist:
– Semi-Auto Pistol or Revolver (No Magnum Calibers – i.e. 357 MAG / 44 MAG)
– At least 3 magazines with 10+ round capacity for semi-automatic pistols.
– At least 2 speed reloaders for revolvers.
– Desired Holster for handgun being used (IF USING PERSONAL FIREARM)
– Spare magazine holster/holder (IF USING PERSONAL FIREARM)
– Sturdy belt for holsters being worn on/in pants.
– 500 rounds of ammunition
– Cleaning kit with lubricant (IF USING PERSONAL FIREARM)
- Eye Protection (Available for purchase from Ironclad)
- Ear Protection (Available for purchase from Ironclad)
- Dress: You’re responsible for your own comfort and protection from the elements on the range. Long pants and close toed shoes are mandatory. (Classes are held rain or shine)
- Pack lunch & drinks (Lunch at range)
– Recommended extras: sunscreen, water, rain gear, ball cap, knee pads, etc…
Please download, print and fill out the forms below and bring them with you to class. These forms must be filled out and given to us or we cannot permit you to take the class.
Have Questions?? Please feel free to CONTACT US anytime!
CLASS CHECKLIST REMINDER
We put together a helpful checklist of "Things to bring" to class.